For the 51st week of this challenge, I chose Marie-Antoinette Chouart (1661-1731).
Marie-Antoinette is my maternal 7x great-grandmother and is number 769 in my ancestor list.
The youngest child of famed explorer Médard Chouart, sieur des Groseilliers, Marie-Antoinette Chouart was baptized on 7 June 1661 in Trois-Rivières.  Médard married Hélène Martin in 1647, by whom he had two sons; she died about 1651. He then married Marguerite Hayet in 1653 and had one son and four daughters by her, including Marie-Antoinette. 
On 13 November 1677, Marie-Antoinette entered into a marriage contract with Jean Jalot, a French immigrant and a surgeon.  The couple had eight children, including twin sons. In the summer of 1690, Jean was killed by the Iroquois at coulée Grou, east of Montreal. 
Widow Marie-Antoinette married Jean-Baptiste Bouchard dit Dorval on 19 December 1695 (319 years ago today) in Montreal.  Both signed the marriage record (see below).
|Bouchard – Chouart marriage record (1695) |
The Bouchard couple had six children, including Jean-Baptiste (1698-1755), my ancestor.
Marie-Antoinette died on 5 July 1731 and was buried the next day in Montreal. 
1. René Jetté, Dictionnaire généalogique des familles du Québec (Montréal: Les Presses de l’Université de Montréal, 1983), 254.
2. Jetté, Dictionnaire, 254.
3. Jetté, Dictionnaire, 590.
4. Jetté, Dictionnaire, 590.
5. Notre-Dame (Montreal, Quebec), parish register, 1695-1699, no page no., no entry no. (1695), Jean Baptiste Bouchard – Marie Anthoinette Chouard [sic] marriage, 19 December 1695; Notre-Dame parish; digital image, “Quebec Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1621-1967”, Ancestry.ca (http://www.ancestry.ca : accessed 14 January 2012).
6. Notre-Dame, parish register, 1695-1699, Jean Baptiste Bouchard – Marie Anthoinette Chouard [sic] marriage, 19 December 1695.
7. Notre-Dame (Montreal, Quebec), parish register, 1726-1733, page no. 133, no entry no. (1731), Marie Antoinette Chouar [sic] burial, 6 July 1731; Notre-Dame parish; digital image, “Le LAFRANCE”, Généalogie Québec (http://www.genealogiequebec.com : accessed 18 December 2014).
Copyright (c) 2014, Yvonne Demoskoff.