Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tombstone Tuesday: William Guy Holden

William Holden gravemarker

William Guy Holden, known as William, was born on 2 June 1893 in North Bay, Ontario. Son of Anastasia Holden, he was recruited during World War I in 1917.

William married Cora Gagnon, a first cousin of my grandmother Julie (Vanasse) Belair, on 26 February 1927 in Ottawa, Ontario. (I wrote about Cora’s burial last month in Tombstone Tuesday: Cora Holden.) Later, William and Cora moved north to Timmins, where he worked as a miner.

William died in 1968. He was interred next to his wife in Whitney Cemetery, Porcupine, near Timmins. My husband photographed their gravemarkers during our visit to my old hometown in May 2014.

William’s gravemarker reads:


WILLIAM 
Beloved Husband of Cora 
1893 – 1968 
Rest in Peace

Copyright © 2015, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment