Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sentimental Sunday: Juliette and her daughters


Juliette, Mariette and Jacqueline Desgroseilliers

Whenever I look at this photo of my grandmother Juliette with her daughters Mariette (left) and my mom Jacqueline (right), I have mixed emotions.

On one hand, I feel happy because all three are smiling and enjoying each other’s company.

But on the other hand, I feel sad, because this was probably one of the last pictures taken of my grandmother.

Juliette, husband Eugène and their six daughters (Mariette, Madeleine, Simone, Jacqueline, Normande and Jeanne d’arc) lived in Blue Water, a village next door to Sarnia, Ontario, where the photo was taken in 1945 or 1946.

Not long after this photo was taken, Juliette died of cancer in August 1948. She was only 47 years old.

Copyright © 2012, Yvonne Demoskoff.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photo. I'm sorry that there is a sad ending to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so kind of you to say, Anne. I would have loved to know my grandmother, but she died before I was born.

    ReplyDelete